Base body and clamping jaw in hardened steel; housing in aluminium
Base body nitrided, black oxide finish and ground; clamping jaws nitrided and black oxide finish; housing blue anodized
The floating clamp is used to clamp and support over-determined clamping points on extremely pliable, responsive components.
Method of operation:
1. Push the floating clamp downwards.
2. Pivot the clamping jaws in. The bottom jaw contacts the workpiece with a light spring force.
3. Tighten the hexagon nut (SW 18). The jaws are clamping the workpiece, the clamp is still floating.
4. Thereafter tighten the hexagon nut (SW 10). The workpiece clamping process is terminated.
5. Releasing is done in reverse order.
Fix the floating clamp with connection thread M12 onto the device.
Adjust the height limit stop and the swivelling range with the blue setting sleeve and clamp with a grub screw (3x SW 2.5). When setting the height limit, take a generous clearance to the top into account.
For safe operation, the threaded hole M12 must always be closed.
For specific clamping situations, the standard clamping jaws can be amended or replaced.